image: the selby
for those of you who couldn't make the majors meeting last wednesday, the following was covered:
1. fibers exhibition update:
• the show is entitled high fiber: fibers student show and will run from oct 28 to nov 1.
• important dates:
- friday, october 23 all work and installation ideas must be in
- tuesday, october 27 gallery installation beginning at 9 am
- thursday, october 29 show opening from 6-8 pm
- monday, november 2 gallery deinstallation beginning at 9am
• all fibers majors must participate in installation and/or deinstallation of the show. please contact lori if you haven't signed up yet.
teams so far:
- installation 9-11: loo bain, joan dreyer, sharnell lewison
- installation 10-12: pazia manella, kelsey morton, brook abboud, sarah bristol
- installation 12-2: still needed
- deinstallaton 9-11: patrick burgoyne, meredith rosenthal, nicole campanale
meredith rosenthal, amanda bowers. kelsey morton has volunteered to design and print posters advertising the show and opening. please contact meredith, amanda or kelsey to see how you can help.
• a meeting to finalize plans for the show is scheduled for wed, october 21 at 11 am
2. other news:
• a new keypad that will allow fibers majors 24 hour access to the studio has been ordered.
• saturday, november 14 has been set as the date to make scarves to benefit fibers!! this promises to be a fun day of frenetic fiber!
• due to an overwhelming semester, sarah muehlbauer has resigned as fibers club representative. a new fibers club representative TBA.
• save the date: fibers will host caroline lathan-stiefel on thursday, november 12 at 11:00 in room b089. see an earlier post about her work here. stay tuned for a formal announcement about this talk in the near future.